GIVE ME THERAPY, I'M A WALKING TRAVESTY.

twentythree y.o. geographer, barista, yoga practitioner. University College London. born and bred in the lil' island of Singapore. constantly searching for answers. extremely flawed, especially when it comes to imposing standards on others, expecting too much, not knowing when to close her mouth (to shut the fuck up or to stop eating). too crazy for her own good and has to be taken with a massive handful of salt. adores backpacking, hitch-hiking, hill-walking, red wine, whiskey, cocktails, fine food and good conversations.
REMINDER:
"open your heart. someone will come. someone will come for you. but you'd have to open your heart first."


© Uni* template by ohfudge!

Monday, February 01, 2016
◔ 9:34 PM // ✎ 0 comment(s)
❝ Post-bubble tea happiness that calls for a blog post ❞

Boyfriend told me about the massive queues his friends face every time they go to COCO. Coco the bubble tea shop, not KOKO the club (which I love too, just saying).

Dropped by after my twice-a-week ddeokbokki at the Korean Cafe because the ddeokbokki portion was a lot smaller today and Fiona the eating monster was seriously unsatisfied. I am a growing child and I need to eat! *whines*

So anyways I got the salted cream milk tea, and DAMN WAS IT GOOD. Very much like the macchiato from KOI but about 10 times better, except for the fact that the Chinese chick neglected to give me my pearls, and failed to give me a little knife so that I could drink it from the top rather than through a straw.

Was looking through my old Instagram photos, and seriously missed the Fiona that was 6kg lighter. I loved being able to feel every ridge and bulge of my body, a self-recognition of my hard work and efforts. Simultaneously, I acknowledge that my current lifestyle makes this impossible - primarily the need to eat out because I am not at home most of the time. Yes, I do know that I can pack food (which I do... sometimes) but my love for hot food (e.g. ddeokbokki, the udon I've been having for breakfast everyday for the past 3 days) and my obsession with salad renders this impossible. So my skin is horrible *touches the bumps on my forehead and making things worse with my dirty hands* and my aspirations of being as ripped as I once was have to be shoved into a corner.

Life is horrible, as always. My frustration at mainly myself and my inadequacies are slowly taking a toll on my relationships. Predominantly the one that I have always been taking for granted - the one that I thought would be a smooth sailing journey if we still stuck together after a year of being physically apart.

-
(some lighthearted shit)
The other day, I was telling Oisin about how I am slightly amused that many of my friends date people from the same dialect group - something I don't think that they intentionally seek, but just happens anyway.

Oisin said that he thinks it is subconscious and that language invariably shapes how one thinks and acts. I then jokingly asks which dialect group he's from, and whether we are suitable for each other.

O:   What's your first language?
Me: English?
O:   What's your second language?
Me: Chinese?
O:   See? We are clearly the same dialect group!

Sometimes that little kid cracks me up so much.

Labels: , , ,