GIVE ME THERAPY, I'M A WALKING TRAVESTY.

twentythree y.o. geographer, barista, yoga practitioner. University College London. born and bred in the lil' island of Singapore. constantly searching for answers. extremely flawed, especially when it comes to imposing standards on others, expecting too much, not knowing when to close her mouth (to shut the fuck up or to stop eating). too crazy for her own good and has to be taken with a massive handful of salt. adores backpacking, hitch-hiking, hill-walking, red wine, whiskey, cocktails, fine food and good conversations.
REMINDER:
"open your heart. someone will come. someone will come for you. but you'd have to open your heart first."


© Uni* template by ohfudge!

Tuesday, February 09, 2016
◔ 10:22 PM // ✎ 0 comment(s)
❝ Even though ❞

Yesterday, Oisin complained about how frustrated he was to be in London, and how he was probably craving for a little escape from this city, how he was dying to run into the embrace of warmth and sunshine. (This sentiment was probably triggered by the fairly horrible weather in London over the past few days).

I spent the evening giving him suggestions for places to go - what about Italy? What about the Mediterranean? What about... He finally decided that he should choose somewhere where he had friends to crash with, so that he'd be able to save some money on accommodation.

This morning, not long after I woke up from my massive sleep (the magic of the carrot cake?) he texted me asking if he should go to New York, the Canaries, or New York then the Canaries, or the Canaries then New York.

I was probably more enthusiastic than he was about the trip, constantly bugging him to purchase the tickets and ensuring that he did his pre-clearance for the States; I kept asking him if he wanted to borrow my backpack, what he was going to do about his bicycle......

It was only this evening, only when I said my goodbyes to him over the phone, that it struck me - even though I'd be sad and alone (cause the flatmate's not around too) and that even though I know I should treasure every last moment we have together - I wanted him to go and have fun and see his best friend and enjoy himself. And that makes me happy.

AND EVEN THOUGH I KNOW THAT HE'D PROBABLY TEXT ME ONLY LIKE TWICE IN THE ENTIRE TWO WEEKS HE IS AWAY I'd be waiting for him back in London, with open arms and hugs and kisses. And I'd be ready to cuddle in bed while he recovers from his jetlag, my index finger tracing little infinity signs on his chest, listening to his many (sometimes not very funny) stories.

EVEN THOUGH I REALLY DISLIKE NEW YORK. (see was gonna find a photo that I took of New York to brighten up this space but NO because I've got no photos because I REALLY DISLIKE NEW YORK).

Labels: , ,