GIVE ME THERAPY, I'M A WALKING TRAVESTY.

twentythree y.o. geographer, barista, yoga practitioner. University College London. born and bred in the lil' island of Singapore. constantly searching for answers. extremely flawed, especially when it comes to imposing standards on others, expecting too much, not knowing when to close her mouth (to shut the fuck up or to stop eating). too crazy for her own good and has to be taken with a massive handful of salt. adores backpacking, hitch-hiking, hill-walking, red wine, whiskey, cocktails, fine food and good conversations.
REMINDER:
"open your heart. someone will come. someone will come for you. but you'd have to open your heart first."


© Uni* template by ohfudge!

Friday, June 24, 2016
◔ 12:07 AM // ✎ 0 comment(s)
❝ Skincare Routines ❞

Given that Maggie has finally conceded that Asians have better skin because of their skincare regime as opposed to better "genes", he has asked me to plan a routine for him and to send him daily reminders. For he fears that 20 years down the road I'd still look like a normal person and he'd look like a white guy :P

As such, I've embarked on some research, and in the process boosted my own current (very, very cursory skincare regime). I shall share my new routine:

Day
Cleanse - Antioxidant Toner - Sunscreen and moisturize

What I use
- Generic drug store cleanser (at the moment it's Simple)

- Neal's Yard Remedies Rehydrating Rose Toner


- Clinique Sunscreen


- Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream


Night
Cleanse - Serum - Moisturize - Eye Cream

What I (/ought to) use
- The same cleanser and moisturizer

- While I don't currently own a serum, I am looking to purchase one. My current shortlist includes Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate and REN Vita Mineral Omega 3 Optimum Serum. I've used the Midnight Recovery Serum before and it's uh-maaaa-zing BUT it's super pricey. I also once loved Lancome's Genifique but I think it is not suitable for someone my age


- Nivea Eye Cream


Non-daily routines
Cleansing Mask (one time a week)


Exfoliate (three times a week). The exfoliator I use is from Japan. I don't know what brand it is but I chanced upon it at an onsen and I absolutely loved it. Eventually realized that they were selling that in the hotel and purchased some for myself ^^ it makes your skin feel so smooth and soft, which is precisely why I call it the thing that makes my face feel like a baby's bum. Trust me, it even works on Maggie.

Labels: