GIVE ME THERAPY, I'M A WALKING TRAVESTY.

twentythree y.o. geographer, barista, yoga practitioner. University College London. born and bred in the lil' island of Singapore. constantly searching for answers. extremely flawed, especially when it comes to imposing standards on others, expecting too much, not knowing when to close her mouth (to shut the fuck up or to stop eating). too crazy for her own good and has to be taken with a massive handful of salt. adores backpacking, hitch-hiking, hill-walking, red wine, whiskey, cocktails, fine food and good conversations.
REMINDER:
"open your heart. someone will come. someone will come for you. but you'd have to open your heart first."


© Uni* template by ohfudge!

Wednesday, January 11, 2017
◔ 2:47 AM // ✎ 0 comment(s)
❝ Mothers will always be mothers? ❞

Really bothered about something that I feel like I have to write about it.

Told my mother I was cooking for a potluck today, and she asked me, whom with? Said "同学", which means classmate when directly translated, but I use it to refer to anyone that is about my age (like the mainlanders).

She then said, "may I ask who is it that you're meeting".

And I lied to her. Of course I lied to her.

I'm mildly pissed off but extremely concerned. I don't want this to be a recurring problem, and I do not want to keep lying to my mother.

--

Told one of the guys I was talking to about it, and he said that I can just show my mother his Instagram Profile, since "it's public anyway".

Woah, dude. Please don't fucking push it man. Firstly, we are not at that level yet. And secondly, what makes you think that you're so great that I'd show my mother your profile? If I really could say whatever I wanted, I'd tell him that

1. I'm in a family of overachievers
2. I need to like you enough enough enough to even bother to defend you in front of my family

And guess what? We are not there yet. And you know what as well? I'm really starting to find you pretty fucking irritating.

Labels: ,