GIVE ME THERAPY, I'M A WALKING TRAVESTY.

twentythree y.o. geographer, barista, yoga practitioner. University College London. born and bred in the lil' island of Singapore. constantly searching for answers. extremely flawed, especially when it comes to imposing standards on others, expecting too much, not knowing when to close her mouth (to shut the fuck up or to stop eating). too crazy for her own good and has to be taken with a massive handful of salt. adores backpacking, hitch-hiking, hill-walking, red wine, whiskey, cocktails, fine food and good conversations.
REMINDER:
"open your heart. someone will come. someone will come for you. but you'd have to open your heart first."


© Uni* template by ohfudge!

Sunday, January 15, 2017
◔ 2:10 PM // ✎ 0 comment(s)
❝ When expectations get ahead of you... ❞

It was an incredible evening. Full of joy, fun, laughter and potential.

I don't know what I did along the way. Was I too boring? Was I no longer fun? Was I no longer attractive? Am I only fun for only one night? I don't really know, but I guess the fact that I'm even thinking about this speaks for how my expectations have leapfrogged ahead of me.

This whole fun-for-one-night-then-goodbye-forever thing should be something that I'm used to, given that I've been through this several times. Have I gone out of practice after being in a loong relationship? Why does this feel so terrible to me?

I guess at the end of the day, I expected too much. Wanted too much, wished for too much, and forgot that many things in the world are out of my control. The only thing I have the power over is myself. And my expectations.

But why does all of this feel so difficult?

Labels: ,